Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I really am alive!

I really am kicking and screaming and having a busy life. I just can't always get to my blog! Sooo, here's to you Mrs. Darling!

Since I last wrote I was slowly getting better. I am better, except for these migranes I can't seem to shake. I am still homeschooling Eyore and enjoying it most of the time.

Eyore has had a few good weeks and a few not so good weeks. He has fractured is other foot now and will be in a cast as of tomorrow. His horse wanted to roll while he was on and he didn't get that foot out of the way soon enough. So, 4-H is out for now.

Speeking of 4-H, it is getting out of hand. I think the leader is to competetive and can't stand us red necks here. We don't take lessons, we don't ride all that well, we own old saddles or synthetick (Yes, no leather!) saddles, we don't own fancy show clothes and not name brand. One of the members noticed the brand of jeans my kids were wearing. Can you believe that? We have the world's uggliest trailer and our horses don't wear shoes. We are just to red neck for her.

I wrote her an email about the issues that seemed to be creeping up and she has been none to friendly since. When we went to pre-fair there was no leader there. Christopher ended up in the wrong class and I had no clue there was a place to look and make sure that he was in the right classes. When I tried to talk to the leader about it afterward, she did not have anything possitive to say and had the audacity to tell me the ribbons he won were going to be harder to get at fair so he better work hard. She had no "good job", no "How'd he do", no "I'm glad he did it", no nothing. She has not said a positive word to us in the past few months. I want to just up and quit but then she wins and that ticks me off. She is a good leader and has good things to teach the kids but she just doesn't like us. I haven't decided if I should try and talk to her again or not.

On to our house. We finally went from green and gunky to crystal clear blue in our pool. We even had our first official party too. I think the water is still cold but the kids don't. We got 5 solar panels off of criagslist and all the pipe so that really helps the temp. in the pool. It's up to a whopping 65 degrees! We have had to rebuy and replace, and remove, and redo almost everything. We put in buckets of chemicals and pulled out more leaves and mulch than I could have imagined. It took a solid month of working on it to get it remotely blue. We found, over 8 balls, a skimmer cover, a golf club, a chimney sweeper, a baseball bat and more in the bottom. It was plain yucky! I'll post a pic or two here.

We are currently trying to get all the weeds out of the endless beds and get the sprinkler system up and running. I have planted flowers out front, and we have finished our master bedroom and huge walk in closet downstairs. We also finished a huge storage closet downstairs. We have one wall to finish off Roo's room and then two egress windows to put in and that should finish of the downstairs, until we start on the laundry room.

Eyore has had two bad days now and I must go and see if I can do anyting more for him. It is hard to get school done when he is so tired he keeps falling asleep on the couch or so sick he is loosing his contents.

Well, there's no pics because I can't get them to upload.

See you all later

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

wow will wonders ever cease. You actually updated!

what a bunch of gunk in that pool! Yuk.

And what a mean 4H lady!

And bummer I wanted pics!

Mrs. Darling said...

what pics do you mean in the email. I dont see any pics.