Tuesday, May 23, 2006

7 miles and counting

Lately I am falling short of the 10 mile mark. That's o.k. though because I am getting a good work out and my heart certainly feels it. I could not keep up with my friend but I did keep going. She is much slimmer than I am. That's my excuse anyway. I swam in the pool and did crunches in the pool too, so I feel pretty good about my accomplishments.

One more week and Eyore gets his cast off. We are crossing our fingers that his foot has healed.

We can finally see our bricks out front as we pressure washed them. They were covered in moss. I planted all my flowers I bought over a week ago and I think it will look very nice in about a month. We removed the big trees that were IN the flower beds and cleaned up and trimmed out front. There is still much to be done to the outside of the house but it's a start. We still need to fix the siding, paint the siding, get some gravel for the side driveway, put the gravel down, bark dust, remove the front hedge, replant some sod, ect. Not too much! LOL!

We are also in the process of taking out the old pantry, located around the corner from the kitchen. We are putting the laundry there. This makes it easier for my mother to do laundry. No stairs for her. We bought a shelving unit to put the food on and did major rearranging to get everything in the kitchen and extra shelves, providing easy access too. We hope to tear the actual pantry out this week. I'm not sure how long it will take us to get the plumbing up from downstairs.

Got to go for now.

Kanga

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh oh you got your first spam!

Sounds like lots of work!
Good luck on that biking girl! Yoo hoo!