Saturday, May 20, 2006

Out of breath and huffing


is not the way I want to spend my week-end, however, my asthma is telling me different. I have had to take my inhaler every few hours and cough most of the night. I am very tired.

Did being tired and sick stop me from rising at 7:00, leaving at 7:40 and going to our annual neighborhood sale? Not on your life! I had a blast. We spent all of our money and came home with 2 vehichles full of stuff. As most of you know we have been remodeling our house slowly. We got 3 extrerior doors, several lights, and a lot of misc. parts for our house. We got a generator, outside yard lights, work bench, and a wonderful digital camera. Then there was the mundane things such as toys and clothes. The two best deals of the day were a motorcycle for the boys for 125.00 and a wooden swing set for 20.00. I had a good time and came home happy. A good garage sale is good for the heart!

Now the hard part comes. We have to put all the stuff we bought away. We cleaned out the van, ate lunch, cleaned the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. We have piles sorted out and yet to put away. Owl went to get the swing set, the kids want to swim and I want to get the rest of the cleaning done. Soooo, my asthma is getting bad and I have to sit down. I'm making myself feel productive and writing here. Cleaning is out for a little while. I guess I will let the kids swim and watch them.

I have been biking with my new friend and now that I can't breath, have had to let go of it for the past 3 days. I have however, lost 10 pounds now. I am not a diehard excersicer, but I am working at it. It's frustrating when you have to slow down. I am going to try and bike tomorrow.

Today, I hope my husband can put up one of the lights in our new bathroom, put together the swing set, and work on installing a new door. I may be expecting too much but I can dream can't I?

I am enjoying my new friend. We are able to do so much together. I have been helping her with her house and she has been helping me with my excersize. I wouldn't even do it if it wasn't for her. We seem to be able to talk about nothing at all. I also like that Her daughter and mine get along. If she is working long hours her daughter comes over here. If I have an appointment, she will let my kids go over there. It is easy going because all of our kids are school age so it's not like babysitting.

Life is settling in pretty good here in our new little community!
Here's a picture of our new motorcycle.

Kanga

No comments: