Sunday, February 19, 2006

Tis' a cold and windy day!

I let Dick Bob go skiing on Saturday. Should I have, you ask. I'm not sure but the break was wonderful. The problem is he still has back homework to work on and we are all going to the mountain tomorrow. He sits as we speak doing his work but I wonder if he will get it done. I have made the bold statement of "if you don't get it done, you can't go". Will I follow through? I'm not sure, but I hope I will. He crashed and burned up there yesterday and has a huge scrape on his face and jaw. Ouch! He is ready to go again though.

Eyore continues to have health problems. I was so hoping he could go tomorrow and I don't think he can make it. He is so upset. I am not sure how to help him through this time. If I stay behind then nobody can go. If I go, then the other kids can go but Eyore has to stay with Grandpa. That's not so bad in my book because I spend a lot of time with him when he is sick. However, he is very needy right now and doesn't want to be away from me. What to do?

After much bragging to another teacher at school about my wonderful Christopher I found out he was lying to me about some of his homework. It was disheartening! He is not doing well in Social Studies or Math. Missing assignments are his problem in Math and poor work answers in SS. I had been asking him everyday if he had homework and the answer was always NO! So, all the last couple of days we have been working on his past work. He can do it and be an A student if he wants to. We'll see.

I woke up the past 2 morinings with migranes. I took some new medicine called Maxalt and it worked wonders. I didn't have an after effect with this one. It was great. My migranes are completely gone in about an hour. Completely! Can you beleive it. I love modern medicine.

Please continue to pray for Eyore. They are testing him for Whooping Cough. He shouldn't have it because he had it last year, but anything is possible. He hasn't been coughing as much today but is lathargic and just doesn't feel well. It is frustrating.

Christopher has been coughing rather loudly today too. I hope it is nothing to serious. I put him on the nebulizer today too instead of his inhaler and he does seem to be doing a bit better.

Hubby seems a bit down today too. He is currently taking a nap, but it is Sunday and he loves to nap on Sunday. I am cleaning the kitchen, watching over the homework, and wanting to scrapbook. Got to go now, my homework is calling to me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

wow I'm going to have to get that migrine stuff. I assume it's perscription?