Friday, February 03, 2006

A DAY GONE BY


like this one and I am sure to be in a wheelchair! I hurt so much after walking today. I love that I am walking, but the pain is awful. My friends assure me that it will go away in another week or so. I am not so confident. After sitting here awhile, I will hardly be able to walk. I have to hobble everywhere. When I get out to walk though, I stretch it out and I'm off. I hope to see some results in another couple of weeks. I'll let you all know.

Eyore is doing much better and made it to school yesterday and today. He is now walking without his crutches and doing just fine. I think I saw him skip tonight. He is still battling the headaches but is looking much better. Christopher is finally on the up too. His terrible cough is almost gone. He is exhausted tonight, but I think it is just because of a long school week.

We all played a game tonight as a family. I enjoyed it but I am not sure how much some of the other members. We got CRANIUM, family fun for Christmas and had yet to play it. It can be a bit slow but I think it is mainly due to the large span in ages of our kids. The oldest is 16 and then 12, 10, and 7. The grandparents were playing too. I find it hard to get all the kids to like one game. At 16, Dick Bob could play a pretty sophisticated game but our 7 year old can barely think on her own. All in all the game night was fun. I have to say though that we were going to go to Home Depot earlier and they were more excited about that than the game. When we didn't go, they were disapointed. So, I guess Home Depot is a great family outing.

Well, I beleive my hubby and I are going to go to Applebees for appetisers soon. They are half price after 9:00 p.m. I love appetizers and it keeps us in our budget.

Will you all pray for my dad. He lost his job this afternoon. He has been working for an upscale retirement home, doing the driving for the elderly. However, he is getting up there in age himself. He is 62 but you can't get social security until you are 65 1/2 now. They do not have any medical right now and they really need to make some money to pay their bills. They do live with us but they pay us some rent to help us on the morgtage. We can take that down to half for them but they still have plenty of other bills. It is tuff to find jobs if you are that old. He does paint exceptionally well and has recently made some money from that. I am not sure how to market his paintings though. He painted a long saw blade with the four seasons of Mount Hood and the persons house in the middle and sold it for 350.00. Can he continue to do this? I'm not sure. If anyone has any ideas how he can market them, I would love the advice. I am wondering if a web site might work. What do you think?

He is discouraged and could use your prayers.

I saw some shoots comming up today and buds on some of the bushes have color. Yes!

3 comments:

Kanga said...

Oh thank you shine. I'm glad you stopped by and come any time. I was wondering about Ebay but I did not know anyone who had tried it and had success. Thanks again.

Mrs. Darling said...

Put up a new entry woman!

Meg: said...

Absolutely! Ebay!