Monday, January 23, 2006

To The Docs We Went!

Happy is my mood! I decided to go to the Doc's anyway because eyore still wasn't doing well this afternoon. I had to see the partner doctor whom I have absolute trust in. I told him I had taken him off all the meds because Eyore was complaining. He said he wouldn't be surprised if we were over medicating him. He doesn't want to put him back on any meds until we have to. He also sent us for an EKG, which we have never had before. We've had just about every other one. I also asked for an exray of his foot. Sure enough his foot was fractured and they agreed we don't have to put a cast on it too. The EKG looked good, which puts us back to square one but am glad nothing major showed up. We are just going to watch him for another day or so and put him on oral steroids if needed. I don't really like the orals but would like to try that instead of all the maintanence meds. If I could get away with just the orals every once in awhile it would be better than all the other meds. He has already been on advair 100/50, then on 250/50, then on 500/50. So you can see we have done our share plus other meds. I am happy with the turn of events and my fears were unfounded. Now, while getting the exrays my fears resurfaced. They were asking me how it happened, if the police had been called, if DHS had been notified. Talk about nervous. I was assured it was routine but still. What have we come to when we can't feel comfortable taking our kids to the hospital. Then they took him back and wanted to exray him by HIMSELF! You just have to wonder what they want to ask him. If I said something I was afraid I would look suspicious. It all came out fine though so I am one happy Mom.
Good Night All

No comments: