Monday, January 23, 2006

A day planned and A day rearranged

I have been struggling with migranes lately and had made up my mind that today I was going to clean the house. Really clean the house. There was misc. stuff everywhere and that drives me nuts. Not to mention the dog hair, cat hair, and wood chips all over the floor. The kitchen needs mopped and the laundry needs done. This was the day. I had it all planned out last night when I went to bed. The first thing that went wrong was I couldn't get to sleep. I think I fell asleep around one in the morning and was awakened with a start by my Eyore crying at my bedside around 1:30. He was breathing badly and had a migrane. So I put him in our bed, he's 10, and got him some migrane medicine and his inhaler. I recently took him off some of his meds because he was on 6 of them and he was complaining of his chest feeling like it was going to explode. He has not complained of this or his every day, all day headaches. Now I am worring what to do and if I should put him back on his maintanence meds for his ashtma. I am so tired of all the meds with little result. He has major ashtma attacks even if he is on his meds but I don't know wether it makes them farther apart or not. He has never been off his medicines long enough to compare. He is now so short of breath and a little wheezy. His ashtma has been so bad that we have had to call 911 before but that has been about 4 years ago. There seems to be no reason we can see for his attacks. They are scary though. Now, if I choose to take him to the Docs I am worried they will be mad that I haven't been giving him all the meds. However, if they had to live with a child telling them that they think their heart is going to explode, I don't think they would give it to them either. So here I sit writing to you all wondering what I should do. I probably fear too much what the doctors put in their little charts. I have had to much exposure to how DHS works and how dumb they can be. They think , and have told me, that we foster parents are held to a higher standard than all you other parents out there. The doctors and other people in authority often think they hold all the power. Maybe my fear is unfounded but I do not want DHS knowing anything about me. I steer as far from them as I can. I am no longer a foster parent and wish to remain anonymous in their eyes. I have to say my Doctor is wonderful and I have a good relationship with her and don't really think she would disagree with me so much that she would do anything, it's just that I worry! I worry to much I suppose! So the question still remains wether I should take him in or not. He absolutely does not want to go in today. He hates them as he has been there too much as a child. So, I believe I will wait it out one more day.

Back to my other topic now. I gave him his meds and then he couldn't sleep either. By now, I am tired and want to go to sleep. I am trying to lay on a mere 6 inches of bed so I finally asked my hubby to go sleep on Eyore's bed. Finally I got enough space to sleep. Not so, Eyore was tossing and turning so much and his breath so labored I couldn't get to sleep. I finally put him in the recliner in our room and put a movie on for him. I believe he got some sleep around four and I got some off and on. I was so tired by 7:30 I couldn't even open my eyes! The house work is going so slow now and I need to get the bills in order and mail a few things. I don't want to take Eyore out but I don't want to leave him home either. I guess I will minimize what needs to be done and be grateful I am not a working mom! I did read my daily bread today and that is an encouragement. You can get it online at The Daily Bread. Com. It's short and encouraging.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

The preventive asthma stuff really works for me. Could you just add back that and maybe the headache meds. I think if you told your doc that he said his heart was going to explode she cerainly could come up with something else...you'd think! My house is in great need of cleaning today too. It's big on my list. I'm plowing through it and decided to take a 10 minute break. Break over so it's back to work I go. Hope your day starts going better.