Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Doc Visit and Beyond

I'm back to tell you how the day went. It appears that Eyore has an eye infection, maybe a stye but whatever it is it hurts him like #$%$#$. The doc gave him an antibiotic eye ointment and a prescription for oral if he gets worse. Of course, he got worse after 9:00 p.m. Go figure. He cried for about an hour! It stings and hurts and when he lays down he says it does funny things and gets hard. Whatever that means. To top it off my Christopher has been having mild asthma problems, until 9:00 p.m. when he starts having a major attack. I am out of nebulizer medicine so he can't have the meds I think he needs. I am out of oral steroids, but have a prescription for them, but of course, it is after 9:00 and all the pharmacies are closed. To top it off, Christopher starts crying at the same time. I was trying to hold both of them on one bed and I am rather overweight. Christophers chest hurts so bad and Eyore's eye won't settle down. They are restless. I finally had my mom put on a movie to get Christophers mind of the coughing. His coughing sounds like whooping cough. He had this a year ago and it was horrible. My hunch is that he has never fully recovered. Every time he has ashtma problems he coughs like the whooping cough. The movie helped but not near enough. So, I am tired and I'm going to let both of them finish the movie without me. I hope this works. They are both old enough and I'm pretty sure they will fall asleep watching the movie. What an exhausting night. Tomorrow they will probably need to stay home and I will have to make another trip into the docs for Christopher. They don't like me to give the oral steroids without a check-up. That will make the third trip this week. There goes any money I thought I had! Good Night All.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, I thought I had my hands full! Thanks for all of your support w/ Cierra....and I am hoping that your kiddo's will be feeling better soon too! I had a stye once, and it hurt like the dickens--and it didn't even get bad! Poor kid! I hope that you can get your rest and keep your sanity till everything settles down around there! :) Wishing you a great day!

Kanga said...

Thanks, but you did have your hands full. I was thanking the Lord that my kids were so healthy this year after reading and praying for Cierra. All for them to get very sick. We had a tough year last year. The two boys had whooping cough and we spent nights awake trying any medicine we could think off to get them to stop coughing. They were on so much steroids too. It was a long hall. Then my youngest boy was sick 11 months out of 12 last year and missed 70% of the school year. It was awful. I am very thankful that God knows my limitations. This is the first bought of sickness we have had this year. Keep praying for me. I continue to pray for you and Cierra.

Anonymous said...

Hope your kiddos get to feeling better soon!! Winter time is such a tough time...with all the sickness and stuff.

Andrea said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier - blogging is fun...so many neat folks out there! I hope you'll enjoy it thoroughly!

Kanga said...

Nice to meet you Andrea. I agree, I am enjoying this. Have a good evening.