Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wonderful Church!
















Pics of our ladies retreat.
There doesn't seem to be enough words to express our thankfulness for our new church. We
started going there a couple of months ago and I can't believe the realness of the people there. We went to a ladies retreat at the beach last week-end and I was blown away by the closeness of these ladies and how real they are with their faith. We were really able to retreat but we did have times at night that we talked and learned a little more about our faith and each other. We were all challenged with "what fills our our cup" and "how can we be more accountable to each other". Are we being real about our relationship with Christ? Are we being real about our personal relationships? Are we willing to let others be real? It was so inspiring. We have all decided to keep a journal and bring it with us on Sunday mornings so we can share what we are learning. We can share our hurts and dissapointments. We can share our struggless. We can share our lives, the ones we don't generally show other people. I can't wait for Sunday morning.
On another note, the ladies have taken my new dauther-in-law to be under their wings. She is new to our church and she comes from a very different background. With a wedding in a hurry we didn't have any decorations and they have went to town on decorating with what they have. Now, they have a lot. WE are ending up with 3 pillars on each side, Tuling around them all with twinkiling lights and rose pedals. Then the reception will be wonderfully decorated with ladies doing glass, candles, roses, and such. They have enough for the chairs and the stage. It is going to be wonderful and we are so bleesed to have people show her how Christ's love can be. My daughter-in-law has never seen so many people willing to help her and it makes her more determined to come to church. I can't say enough about how wonderful our church and the people in it are. I love my church.


Kanga










3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I take it thats the church I left? I hated it; far too liberal for me! When he got rid of the pulpit I told him that was it. I do have lots of friends there though, but Im not into all the dimming of the lights and the swaying of the worship team. I go back now and again for baptisms and my kids go to VBS there if it doesnt overlap with ours but the services? You can have it. Glad though that you're enjoying it.

Kanga said...

Mrs. Darling, you definetly have not gone to this church. It does not have an awanas and you would definetly fit in if you went there. It down by the store, you can see it from the store. Dimming of the lights? Swaying of the worship team? What kind of church is that anyway? We are a small church of about 80 people and most are from fired up. Let me know you got this.

Mrs. Darling said...

Are you talking about Pastor Dels church? If its the one with Pastor Del then I know which one it is if not then I dont know. LOL I thought you meant the one I used to go to there on Leland. Which one are you talking about?