Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is There A Reason For A Saint To Swear?
















It has been pointed out to me that there may be reason a saint might swear. What can those reason really be? I have begun to explore this in great detail (in my head). I, as a Christian, can't really think of a reason. I find it a tad unheard of because I myself don't believe we should swear. I was raised in a home where there was no swearing allowed. My parents didn't exactly hold to this and I have known to slip up before but try hard not to. However, we are not saints so that doesn't really count. Why do people swear and not Saints you ask? Well, we just aren't that good! Saints have been taught differently. They are held to a higher standard. That's not to say we shouldn't hold ourselves to a higher standard but we do tend to slip up sometimes. It is still not right of course. We must strive to do what Christ asks of us at all times. I'm not sure this really has anything to do with Saints swearing but it sounded good. I just don't think there is a reason for a Saint to swear since I don't believe we have a reason to swear. We are clearly sinning when we do this in my opinion. So, there you have it. There is no reason for a Saint to swear.

Now that I am here I might as well write an update. Most of you know I am the owner of Pass It On of Portland. We are having our sale at Oaks Park on March 28th and 29th. I am expecting it to be larger than a normal first time sale. We have 12,000 square feet and I intend to fill it!

I am so busy with that that I hardly have time to turn around. I am working daily on it, especially the advertising. I need more consigners because I am expecting close to 2,000 shoppers. I want to make sure that there is enough product to go around. If anyone wants to consign, this is a great place to do it. You price and tag it from our online system. Bring it to us and we do the rest. With so many shoppers, your items will sell, sell, sell! You get your check within 2 weeks! This is more than any other regular consignment shop will give you and better than a garage sale. You don't have to sit and wait for customers. Your items will sell for a slightly higher price and everything sells here. Toys, furniture, outdoor toys, bottles, bibs, bathtubs, bedding, strollers, carseats, and much more!

Check out my website at http://www.passitonsales.com/ and click on the Portland site!

I am also very busy with my grandchildren. I have them about 6 days a week. Not all day always but definitely most days. I do love it. I am finding it hard to balance my work with my grandchildren and homeschooling but we are a family and we stick together. The kids help me more and more and have such tender hearts. God is truly working in their hearts.

We just finished up a formal dinner for our youth and it was fabulous. We served a 7 course meal and provided entertainment from the 50's. It was a black tie affair with the New York, New York theme. It was amazing to watch the kids grow up for a night!

We love our church and couldn't be happier. We love Fired Up and can't imagine having our kids doing anything else. They memorise more scripture than I ever have!

We are going on a 2 week missions trip this June to Gleenings for the Hungry. Rick wants to do maintenance for them. We are looking forward to that. We ask you to pray for financial blessings as we seek to do what God asks us to do. We need to raise about 2,000.00 dollars. That is relatively cheap for a missions trip.

The baby girls turn one on the 19th of this month. Wow, how time flies! They are both ready to walk and one is about to run.

Our newest grandson will be born in Early July, Lord willing. Mom is having some complications but we think she is getting better now.

The young married couple might be moving into their own place if they get approved. They are looking forward to it. I am praying it will be a wise move for them.

God is blessing us and we still have our house, kids, jobs, ect.

My favorite saying from the Bible is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

Kanga and family

No comments: